The Astro-nut (07-02-5)

For socializing and off-topic conversation.

Moderators: Capt Kevin Acura, Laehval tTemarr

The Astro-nut (07-02-5)

Postby Murray » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:10 pm

Since no one else brought it up, I guess I will, the case of the astronaut going bad.

I believe the case itself has been harped all over the media enough for everyone to know. Besides that, some are asking about the psychological effects of space travel, "how are we going to go to Mars if these guys are no less likely than anyone else to flip-out?" I've also heard some wonder with the least space-friendly Congress in history now in charge, this could mean more trouble with funding for the manned space program.
Murray M. Lee
A Writer's Block
- Science Fiction stories, jokes, and art
USS Freedom
The Misadventures of the wackiest ship in Starfleet
Murray
Captain Clueless
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:54 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: The Astro-nut (07-02-5)

Postby HalfPipe72 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:48 pm

Murray wrote:Since no one else brought it up, I guess I will, the case of the astronaut going bad.

I believe the case itself has been harped all over the media enough for everyone to know. Besides that, some are asking about the psychological effects of space travel, "how are we going to go to Mars if these guys are no less likely than anyone else to flip-out?" I've also heard some wonder with the least space-friendly Congress in history now in charge, this could mean more trouble with funding for the manned space program.


Just cause one Psycho (I'm one as well LOL) goofed up, doesn't mean All are as goofy. ROFL I just happen to be the goofyest Psycho on Pets and Animals 1 in Yahoo. :-D Yes I am proud of my title. LOL Never Fear Psyco Gerbil is here. LOL ok I'm a psycho with gerbils one of wich is a psycho too. I love her best now. Before Tut died he was my fav, but I love my little Psycho.

Seriously though. The woman needed help and in her own way she cryed out for help. I just pray they find the right meds for her and fast. I also suffer from mental illness and I know it's like the damn lottery. Gotta pick the right combo's to work Juuuuuuuuust right. I'm bipolar and Thank God we found the right combo for me. Took 3 years, but we found it. I also am Borderline Personality Dissorder (EID - Emotional Intesity Dissorder). That's when your anger is like a fire cracker, mine is more like an atom bomb. :-) But I'm Muuuuuuuch better now.. MWahahaha. LOL I've had training to become a better person. I still have problems here and there, but with meds and that training I'm a Lot better. Moving to Chicago was the best thing for me. I just hope the astronaut gets the right meds and theropy she needs.
Signed,
Commander Sher Half-Pipe
(First Officer / Science Officer)
Freedom : http://uss-freedom.com
My Blog : http://360.yahoo.com/halfpipe72
My Website : http://www.geocities.com/halfpipe72
HalfPipe72
=/\= The Klingon =/\=
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:37 pm
Location: USS Freedom NCC 1979-F

Postby Murray » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:49 pm

That's going to be up to the judge. If she was totally bonkers, she ends up in the hands of the men in white. If she's found to be knowing what she was doing, it's the "big house" for her.

By the way, I once heard that those who win insanity defenses usually spend more time in custody than they would have if they lost.
Murray M. Lee
A Writer's Block
- Science Fiction stories, jokes, and art
USS Freedom
The Misadventures of the wackiest ship in Starfleet
Murray
Captain Clueless
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:54 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Enarrain Isa » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:44 am

How did she get into the astronaut program for starters?

Au Lloann'na are a funny bunch indeed.
Enarrain Mirok i-Rehu tr'Isa
CO, RES Osprey RPV 10704

"These are the Times that try men's Souls."
~~Th. tr'Paine, The Crisis
Enarrain Isa
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 12:04 pm
Location: RES Osprey

Postby HalfPipe72 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:00 pm

Enarrain Isa wrote:How did she get into the astronaut program for starters?

Au Lloann'na are a funny bunch indeed.


She sneakeded in :-D we smart little wacko's LOL

Seriously I have no idea, you should see the tests they have to get into Liberty Travel as a travel agent. It's like getting into fort knocks or worse. Some how she slipped in. one minute you can be normal and level headded the next POOF. Insane. Look at me. :-D Ya'll thought I was normal. WRONG!! ROFL
Signed,
Commander Sher Half-Pipe
(First Officer / Science Officer)
Freedom : http://uss-freedom.com
My Blog : http://360.yahoo.com/halfpipe72
My Website : http://www.geocities.com/halfpipe72
HalfPipe72
=/\= The Klingon =/\=
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:37 pm
Location: USS Freedom NCC 1979-F

Postby Murray » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:25 pm

I heard one guy on talk radio bring up bringing up that the space case had been a Navy Captain (I see 'Freedom' jokes here), and wondered if she was a product of the Tailhook scandal some years ago, in which a lady admiral's aide was assaulted near a party in which pilots were acting like bulls in rut, and afterwards the Navy made extra efforts to make sure it's women officers didn't face a glass ceiling. Some wondered if the Navy went too far, as the first female officer to pilot a fighter on a carrier ended up getting killed in a landing accident. My opinion is that this "Lust in Space" incident would have happened Tailhook or no.

By the way, Half, your comments remind me of some words from a friend of mine who wonders if Humanity wasn't really meant to go beyond more than a Medieval existance, given the tendency for people to just up and "snap." He fears eventualy some band (or bands) of nut cases is going to nuke the planet back into the Iron Age, if not the Stone. His idea of a solution, an eugenics program to make the population more rational and clear-headed (not necassarily smarter).

However, considering how Trek has "Eugenics Wars" as part of it's "history," I doubt this idea will go well on the board. ;)
Murray M. Lee
A Writer's Block
- Science Fiction stories, jokes, and art
USS Freedom
The Misadventures of the wackiest ship in Starfleet
Murray
Captain Clueless
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:54 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Enarrain Isa » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:55 pm

HalfPipe72 wrote:
Enarrain Isa wrote:How did she get into the astronaut program for starters?

Au Lloann'na are a funny bunch indeed.


She sneakeded in :-D we smart little wacko's LOL

Seriously I have no idea, you should see the tests they have to get into Liberty Travel as a travel agent. It's like getting into fort knocks or worse. Some how she slipped in. one minute you can be normal and level headded the next POOF. Insane. Look at me. :-D Ya'll thought I was normal. WRONG!! ROFL


Hmm and here I thought "Normal" was a setting on a dryer ...
Enarrain Mirok i-Rehu tr'Isa
CO, RES Osprey RPV 10704

"These are the Times that try men's Souls."
~~Th. tr'Paine, The Crisis
Enarrain Isa
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 12:04 pm
Location: RES Osprey

Postby HalfPipe72 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:50 pm

Enarrain Isa wrote:
HalfPipe72 wrote:
Enarrain Isa wrote:How did she get into the astronaut program for starters?

Au Lloann'na are a funny bunch indeed.


She sneakeded in :-D we smart little wacko's LOL

Seriously I have no idea, you should see the tests they have to get into Liberty Travel as a travel agent. It's like getting into fort knocks or worse. Some how she slipped in. one minute you can be normal and level headded the next POOF. Insane. Look at me. :-D Ya'll thought I was normal. WRONG!! ROFL


Hmm and here I thought "Normal" was a setting on a dryer ...


lol good one.
Signed,
Commander Sher Half-Pipe
(First Officer / Science Officer)
Freedom : http://uss-freedom.com
My Blog : http://360.yahoo.com/halfpipe72
My Website : http://www.geocities.com/halfpipe72
HalfPipe72
=/\= The Klingon =/\=
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:37 pm
Location: USS Freedom NCC 1979-F

Postby Murray » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:46 am

HalfPipe72 wrote:
Enarrain Isa wrote:
HalfPipe72 wrote:
Enarrain Isa wrote:How did she get into the astronaut program for starters?

Au Lloann'na are a funny bunch indeed.


She sneakeded in :-D we smart little wacko's LOL

Seriously I have no idea, you should see the tests they have to get into Liberty Travel as a travel agent. It's like getting into fort knocks or worse. Some how she slipped in. one minute you can be normal and level headded the next POOF. Insane. Look at me. :-D Ya'll thought I was normal. WRONG!! ROFL


Hmm and here I thought "Normal" was a setting on a dryer ...


lol good one.


I thought you'd be suggesting "Normal" was the surname of a girl named "Abby." :wink:
Murray M. Lee
A Writer's Block
- Science Fiction stories, jokes, and art
USS Freedom
The Misadventures of the wackiest ship in Starfleet
Murray
Captain Clueless
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:54 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby HalfPipe72 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:48 pm

Murray wrote:I thought you'd be suggesting "Normal" was the surname of a girl named "Abby." :wink:


ROFL OMG, I remember that from Young Frankinstein
Signed,
Commander Sher Half-Pipe
(First Officer / Science Officer)
Freedom : http://uss-freedom.com
My Blog : http://360.yahoo.com/halfpipe72
My Website : http://www.geocities.com/halfpipe72
HalfPipe72
=/\= The Klingon =/\=
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:37 pm
Location: USS Freedom NCC 1979-F


Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron