As The Ship Turns - From EnsTashira

Archived duty logs from Daystrom crew, both past and present.

Moderator: Daystrom Admin

As The Ship Turns - From EnsTashira

Postby Daystrom Admin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:33 pm

Subject: =====/\ As The Ship Turns /\ ==========
Date: 6/27/1998 1:03 AM US Mountain Standard Time

In this episode, Leila Tashira's Daughter Brinae returns...along with her ex-husband with some news...and now it's time for.....

AS the SHIP TURNS....

Pacing the floor of her quarters, Leila is uncharistically biting her fingernails. Brinae is supposed to return today and they are late.She looks at her chronograph for the third time in a many minutes. Geez, where ARE they?? Just then, the door opens and Brinae comes running into the room, yelling. MOMMY!!!! The little girl runs to her mother and Leila picks her up and snuggles in her daughter. Brinae!! OhBrinae, how I missed you!!!! Tommy stands at the door. Excuse me....may I come in? Leila looks over at him. Sure. She gestures to the couch and he walks in and sits down, rather uncomfortable. She picks up on this. ~~Problem?~~ He thinks for a second. ~~I really need to talk to you.~~ She frowns and calls to her Nanny. Gia!!! Brinae's Back!!! Smiling, the elder lady walks infrom her room. Ay Dios Mio!!!! Mi Brinita!!! Giggling, Brinae almost jumps out of her mothers arms and runs to Gia. Gia!! how I missed you, too!! The nanny and her charge snuggle for a minute and then retreat to her room. Leila, now alone with Tommy, is slightly uncomfortable, but not as much as HE is. So talk. He clears his throat and approaches her...I just wanted to talk to you about this "divorce" thing. She arches her eyebrow. Oh, really? Resigned to listen, she sits next to him. What he says next shocks her. I'm still in love with you. Saying nothing she figets a little, and then frowns at the deadgiveaway of her feelings. He smiles. Well, I can see that you feel the same...I don't want to force myself here like I did the last time...He pauses..letting his words sink in. She still says nothing, instead letting her mind open and she thinks of all the good times they had together. She then frowns again, remembering Sheila. He catches this. ~~Sheila's gone..And I'm gald she is...please come back to me~~ Shestands all of a sudden, suddenly feeling hot...He stands too and walks towards her..standing just inches from her face. She feels his hot breath on her forehead. I..uh..that is...I have someone else. She lies so badly at first that he gently laughs in her face. He caresses her cheek. You're lying. You know that and I know that. She takes a step back. It's true...It's...Mind searches for aname...Latar. Smiles, thinking she's gonna have a lot to explain to the Daise'Erei' . Yes, that's him. Tommy frowns, beliving her this time. Latar....the XO, eh? Smiles wryly. I can't compete with that. But can he compete with this? He bends down and kisses her passionately. She responds at first and then suddenly breaks the kiss, flustered. Stop that. I'm.....taken. Deal with it.More confident with each time she says it, she relaxes a little, the first time since he arrived. And he is really good with Brinae, and she likes him too. This last part was tossed as a barb. It works and Tommy turns red with anger. Well, I can see I'm not welcome here. Just remember....I still love you and if that Latar.. the word spat out like an insult..screws up...softens....you know whereto come. Tommy turns on his heels and walks out. Leila, still standing in the middle of the room, sighs deeply, not just in relief, but in frustration. How will she put him off next time?? Surely he'll be back. She makes a mental note. <m> Remember to talk to the Daise'Erei' about this....she frowns. He will NOT be pleased. Grinning, she remembers how nice he was at the wedding. Maybe he'll understand...I hope so. She turns around and walks into theroom where Gia and Brinae, chuckling to herself.WELLLLLLLL! Will the Daise'Erai understand? Will the maenak convince him that she did it for the best? Or will he just give her forty lashes with a wet noodle to make sure the maenak doesn't spead any nasty rumours about him? Tune in next time for the next episode of.....AS the SHIP TURNS.
Daystrom Admin
Do or Do Not...

Subject: ======/\ As the Ship Turns...Episode 2 /\=========
Date: 6/27/1998 1:05 AM US Mountain Standard Time

In our last episode, Leila had to tell a lie to get her ex-husband to leave her quarters.... and maybe her alone...And now...As the Ship Turns. Leila paced the floor. It was not normal for the nanny and her charge to be late from the holodeck. They had gone to play in Brinae's favorite place....Disneyland, a 20 Century Terran theme park. She went to the replicator to get a drink, but changed her mind and walked out of her quarters to the turbolift. Holodeck area. The turbolift moved and she drummed her fingers against her leg nervously. When the TL stopped she steppedout and walked down the corridor to Holodeck number 2. Computer, locate Gia Rodriguez and Brinae Tashira."Gia Rodriguez and Brinae Tashira are not on the ship." Shocked, she stood there in front of the door, paralyzed. Where was their last known location? "Shuttle Bay 3" Shuttle Bay three? she thought as she turned around and ran down the corridor. Arriving at the shuttle bay, she tapped on the console to enter the bay. A shuttle was missing. Alerting security, she turned and ran back to the turbolift to go to her quarters. Entering, she notices the light on her desk console blinking. Crossing to her desk, she peers at the screen: Urgent Message Computer, display message. What she sees next brings tears to her eyes... Leila, if you do not return to Betazed, you will never see your child again. Tommy. Sinking to the floor, she releases a flood of emotions. Oh, no how COULD he?! She sobbs uncontrollably. Meanwhile, about 5 light years away on a shuttle, a small child and a Hispanic Terran woman are playing a game of cards. The child peers at her cards. Gia, do you have any 5s? The woman shakes her head. No, Go Fish. The little girl picks a card. Gia, where are we going? The woman smiles warmly and replies. Somewhere safe. WELLLLLLLLLLL! Will Leila go try and find her child? Or will DADDY take her to see the REAL Disneyland? Tune in next time for another episode of......AS the SHIP TURNS.
Last edited by Daystrom Admin on Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daystrom Admin
Do or Do Not...

Subject: ====/\== AS THE SHIP TURNS ==/\====
Date: 7/2/1998 6:15 PM US Mountain Standard Time

In our last episode, Leila received the news that her daughter had been kiddnapped...And now....AS the SHIP TURNS... Leila returned to her quarters after spending time in the Lounge, drinking and talking with her crewmates. She admonished herself for getting angry; she hadn't meant to show any emotions to her crewmates...lest they think she cannot handle herself in her duties. Still, she is distracted at work and, in the lounge, she got uncharacteristically upset. She makes a mental note to apologize to Thomas for not being much for company. She makes anothernote to go and see the Kheinsa, also. She walkes to the replicator. Terillian ale. {S replicate} Taking the glass she sits on the couch and drinks it. Before long, she is up for another. And another.... On her fifth drink, she gets off the couch and walks to the wall panel. She taps on the console and Bach plays. She listens for a while and then yells, slurring a little. Computer! Turn that crap off! The computer complies. Deciding that she needed some air, she exits her quarters and into the TL. Holodeck Area. The TL moves and she is whisked away to her destination. The TL stops, and she exits, still with her fifth drink in her hand. She walks to Holodeck 1 and taps on the console to enter. Placing the glass on a convienent table, she initiates a program. Computer, run LTashira12. The computer complies and clothing appear on the floor.Smiling, she picks them up, recognizing them as her ghi. A Yellow belt in the Terran acient form of self defense called Martial Arts, she dons the ghi and begins to stretch. Soon a sensei appears. I has been a while my student.She smiles, remembering Sensei Stacy as an old friend as well as her teacher. Yesh it hash... She finishes stretching and settles down into her first kata...which doesn't go over too well. She is off balanced and wobbly. The Sensei frowns. What is the problem, grasshopper? She cringes at the old nickname given to her by him. Nothin', she replies, slightly annoyed. He knows better. You have noconcentration. And your balances is affected by outside forces. She growls. Lesh jest get on with it. The get into a fighting stance and she convinces herself that this is good for her. They spar a little, nothing serious, until she tries a roundhouse kick. Ordinarily, this kick is her best, however in her present state of mind, she has hurled herself around and lands on her butt. >OOF!< Groaning, she stands up totry again. The Sensei raises his hands. No more, he says with mock seriousness, you'll kill me. For some reason she finds this extremely hilarious and starts laughing hysterically. She then sobers and growls again, running full steam at her Sensei, who skillfully steps out of her way, making her crash into a wall, landing on her butt again. Rubbing her head, she sits on the floor. At first she says nothing, but then tearsstart to slowly trickle down her cheek. Crying, she terminates the program. Standing up, she removes the ghi and it dissappears as the program terminates. She exits the Holodeck and walks back to the TL, returning to her quarters. She then proceeds to tear the place apart in grief. Throwing chairs and pillows, knocking down lamps and throwing paper all over the place. It's not until after the room is a complete disaster that she sees the flashinglight on her desk. Crossing over to it, she reads the screen: Urgent Message She taps on the console, her heart filled with dread. On the screen she sees Tommy, her ex, Brinae and a woman she has hated for as long as she can remember...Sheila. They are happily walking down the promanade of the terran amusement park, Disneyland. Brinae is skipping along with "Mickey Mouse" ears on, holding a gigantic lollipop. Tommy and Sheila are holding hands like they've been lovers forever. Thesight nearly drives her insane....until she sees the caption... Do not fear, she will return......a friend. WELLLLLLLLLLLL! Who is this "friend" and why did he or she wait until after she tore her quarters apart to tell her this? Tune in next time for another episode of...AS THE SHIP TURNS.

=====~V~V~V~Ensign~V~V~V~==========~V~V~V~LEILA~V~V~V~=========~V~V~V~ TASHIRA ~V~V~V~======~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~==
Last edited by Daystrom Admin on Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daystrom Admin
Do or Do Not...

Postby Daystrom Admin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:34 pm

Subject: ====/\== AS THE SHIP TURNS ==/\===
Date: 7/18/1998 4:55 PM US Mountain Standard Time

First I want to thank Daise'Erei'Riov Latar for helping me with this log...sorry it's so late, but he explained that one. <*Note: As the Ship Turns will return after the Away Team mission>>In our last episode, Leila, in a fit of extreme anger litarally destroyed her quarters.....And now..The season Finale of...AS THE SHIP TURNS. A LeiLatar Production. Leila rushed around her newly renovated quarters preparing for her guest. She admonished herself for tearing up the place, attributing the destruction to a former host of the "Joi" symbiont, Rajii. Raised among Klingons, Rajii was always defending his honor, not being a "true" Klingon. So as a result of so much fighting, he had developed a really nasty temper. Leila sighed. She had always tried to keep her additional "personalities" suppressed, preferring instead to concentrate on the Betazoid half of her persona, but because of her weakened emotional state at the loss of her daughter, her intense control over the additional personalities was beginning to slip. She frowned slightly, knowing there was more where that came from. Latar paced in his quarters waiting for the appointed time to arrive. Computer I am going to have dinner in Ens Tashira 's quarters. It should be interesting, espically since I keep hearing the Rhian. crew refer to the Daystrom as the "Daen". I am sure that once that once someone hears about this, it will spread like wildfire. Oh well, it's about time to head to her quarters.Latar exits his quarters making his way down the corridor. He enters the turbo lift. Deck 12. The 'lift moves and soon lands on the appropriate floor. He walks down the corridor, nodding a greeting to a passing ensign on the way. He arrives at Leila's quarters. Leila went to the mirror and stood there, appraising her appearance. She chose to dress conservatively, yet comfortable, wearing a sleeveless tunic with loose, flowing pants, sandals and her long wavy brown hair upswept with ringlets framing her face. Taking one last glance at the mirror, satisfied, she entered the living room area just as the door chimes sounded. Enter. Having never entertained anyone since joining the Daystrom crew, she was nervous. Having a Rihannsu officer as a guest, made it worse. Daise' Erei' Riov Latar entered Leila's quarters dressed casually. His figure filled the doorway and she had to look up to greet him. Jolan tru, rekkhai. He smiled. Jolan tru, ensign. Please, come in. Hann'yyo. He entered walking into the room with long strides. She smiles, and gestures to the couch. Please, have a seat. As he sits down, she walks to the replicator. What will you be having, sir? He chuckles. Please...call me Dav'id. And I'll have whatever your having.. She orders ales for the both of them. Returning to the couch, she hands him his drink, sitting down. He takes his glass. Hann'yyo. You're welcome...I'm glad you joined me for dinner and ....She blushes ...I'm sorry that I lied to my ex....about us... He smiles warmly.Thats OK, I can understand the situation you were put in, of course. Have you heard anything else about your Daughter? She frowns slightly. No I haven't....although I got a cryptic message a few days ago...from "a friend" telling me that Brinae's okay. It was a relief of sorts. He nods..preferring to say nothing. Taking a sip of her ale, she looks at him over the rim of the glass with smiling blue eyes. Ready for dinner? He smiles. Yes, I am rather hungry. They stand and walk to the dining area, which is decked out in a traditional Rihannsu meal, complete with dessert. She grins. I did a little research and tried to make it like "home made". He pulls out her chair and she sits down, with him sitting across the table from her. She serves the meal and for a few long minutes, they say nothing...a comfortable silence. As they eat, a message flashes on the computer in the office.Urgent Message. The computer sounds the alert for the message. Startled, Leila looks at him with a question in her eyes. He nods and they stand to go to the computer. She thinks to herself, Now what? She taps on the console and a blurry face appears. It is Gia. Leila, I am okay and so is Brinae The screen has static, then clears slightly. Please meet us in a couple of weeks at la casa de mi Tio. Pero, por favor, come alone....If you don't he will kill us all....Static, then nothing. Leila's face registers surprise as she looks at Latar. WEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! Will Leila be able to rescue her daughter before they all die? Will she and Latar be able to finish dinner first? Tune in next season for the premier episode of...AS THE SHIP TURNS.

Ensign Leila TashiraUSS Daystrom"'Tis better to remain quiet and thought of as stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
Last edited by Daystrom Admin on Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daystrom Admin
Do or Do Not...

Postby Daystrom Admin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:35 pm

Subject: ==== /\== As The Ship Turns ==/\===
Date: 8/27/1998 7:31 AM US Mountain Standard Time

Last season, on As the Ship Turns, During dinner with Daise'Erei'Riov Latar, Leila received a message that her daughter was safe. During her last away team mission, the authorities had caught up with Tommy and she had to return to Betazed to attend to her child...and the trial. And now..the season premier of..As the Ship
Turns...

Leila sat up on the bed. She awakened on her first full day from the Daystrom and already she was lonely and bored. Running a hand through her long brown hair, she sighed deeply, wondering if this trip was going to be looooong and boring. As if to answer her question, the computer console beeped. She stood in her nightgown, blinking to clear her eyes, and walked over to the console. She muttered a curse as she tapped on the console. The inertial
dampeners were malfunctioning again. She sighed...she had been working on those all week before she left. Part-time engineer.... she muttered as she decided to take a shower before trying to fix the problem. She half-staggered to the sonishower, the ship rocking and shaking. Holding her face in her hands, she just stood there, trying to gather her thoughts before setting to work. Counting off on her fingers she ran down a list...Run a
diagnostic....determine the problem...fix it. She groaned as she stepped out of the shower and dressed in her uniform. She knew she'd have to get this fixed before continuing on her journey.

Computer...all stop. Her voice echoed in the lonely shuttle as it drifted to a stop. She worked carefully, running a diagnostic on the system. She waited....what seemed like long minutes before she got the answer. Power Interruption??? She groaned. She remembered what a friend had told her about the power...if its draining one place..it's too much somewhere else. She tapped on the console, checking the two main things that would use up
that much power...the warp core and the shields. Nothing. She growled, knowing she'd have to take that crawl....through the tube... Oh....nooooooo.... She started to perspire already, remembering the claustrophobia that griped her during the last away team mission. Now T'Neya wasn't there and she had a job to do....She wiped hr brow, gathering up her courage to crawl into the tube to do an almost literal wire-by-wire check. Bending down, she
removed the panel from the Jefferies Tube. Trembling, she crawled into the tube with tricorder in hand and tried to block the memories that came flooding back...I can do this....I can do this...I can *do* this....The mantra she chanted to herself helped a little..and she worked quickly. Then she felt an earth-shattering crash...
Raising an eyebrow, she crawled out of the tube and staggered over to the console. Something had attached itself to the hull of the ship and the power was draining.

WEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL!!!! Will Leila be able to solved this problem on her own? OR....will the fates deal her yet another blow to her already shaken ego? Tune in next time...for As the Ship Turns.

Lieutennant Junior Grade

Leila Tashira

Assistant Medical Officer

USS Daystrom

"'Tis better to shun the bait

than struggle on the hook." HTW
Last edited by Daystrom Admin on Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daystrom Admin
Do or Do Not...

Postby Daystrom Admin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:35 pm

Subject: ===/\== As The Ship Turns ==/\======
Date: 8/29/1998 11:34 AM US Mountain Standard Time

In our last episode of As The Ship Turns, Leila was having some....problems...And now...As the Ship Turns...

When Leila heard the loud crash, she knew she was in trouble. Rushing to tie up her long brown hair, she muttered to herself, admonishing herself for coming on this journey alone. She went back to the computer console. Tapping feverishly, she groaned. Whatever it was that was sucking down her power wasn't moving. <m> I'm a doctor, not an engineer...Her thoughts returned to the Daystrom. And to Daisei'Erei'Riov Latar. He had agreed to
accompany her if it was necessary and she had refused his offer. She sighed. She thought of his quiet manner and realized that she could use his calming force right now. Shaking her head out of her reverie, she went back to work.

Minutes later, she had finally gotten the inertial dampeners back online, but she had to contend with the power drain. She couldn't isolate it...whatever it was, was affecting her sheilds, which were already down to 70%. She turned on the view screen. The object was long and black...and was....moving... It's..alive...She tried a trick she had seen done somewhere. She reversed the polarity of the sheilds, hoping that the.....thing...would drop
off. It worked. The thing let go with another loud crash almost immediately. She grinned. Didn't like that one bit, eh?

Chuckling to herself, she set the coordinates for the nearest starbase...the shuttle would have to be repaired before continuing her trip.

Engage. The computer responded and before long, she was within hailing range of the starbase. +Starbase 4515, this is the shuttle WEBB requesting permission to dock for repairs.+

Silence.

Confused, she tried again. +Starbase 4515, do you copy?+

Nothing.

Puzzled, she scanned the base and the surrounding area. The sensors indicated no life forms of any kind.....anywhere.

That's odd...She checked the computers database to see if the base had been decommissioned.

It hadn't.

Now she was worried. The nearest starship was the Daystrom. She sent a subspace message to them, hoping they would forward it to Starfleet...

This is Lieutenant Junior Grade Leila Tashira. My journey is going well, with a few mishaps...

She chuckled at the understatement, but continued...

I have arrived at Starbase 4515 to initiate repairs, but I found no signs of life. Please forward this message to Starfleet, so that they may send an investigating team. I will be beaming aboard the base to initiate an investigation into the disappearance of the crew. I will provide further updates as I gather information. Tashira out.

WEEEELLLLLLLLL!!!!! Will Leila find nothing on the base at all? OR.....Is the crew hiding to giver her a surprise party? Tune in for the next episode of As The Ship Turns.

Lieutennant Junior Grade

Leila Tashira

USS Daystrom

Daystrom Admin
Do or Do Not...

Postby Daystrom Admin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:38 pm

Subject: ====/\== As The Ship Turns ==/\====
Date: 9/2/1998 3:52 PM US Mountain Standard Time

In our last episode, Leila, needing repairs done, stopped at a Starbase, and found no one there. And now..As The Ship Turns.

Finishing the subspace message to the Daystrom, Leila prepared to beam to the station. Grabbing an ISD, a tricorder, a medkit and a phaser, she walked over to the transporter console. Tapping in the coordinates, she then stepped on the transporter pad.
Computer? Energize. Shimmering onto the base, she immediately drew her phaser, looking around cautiously. Walking down the corridor, she tapped on the tricorder. No life signs. She made her way to OPS, swinging her phaser around defensively. Satisfied that there was no one in OPS, she put the phaser away for the time being and went to a computer console. She tapped on the console, checking the sensor logs. <m> Kevin would
*looove* this. As she worked, she thought about the always-smiling, sometimes overconfident science officer. There wasn't a time that she could remember that he *didn't* make her laugh.
She frowned. The sensor logs indicated that the most hated of Federation enemies had paid the station a visit. The Borg. The only thing was...she blinked. She tapped. The escape pods were still docked. She tapped again. The shuttles and runabouts were still docked too. She even noted a holodeck program still running. But...she tapped again. There was a massive transport right before the arrival of the Collective cube. <w> We're in the
middle of nowhere space...could they have transported? There was no indication of any ships that had docked there in at least two weeks. She shut down the holoprogram and left OPS, heading for the transporter room.
Computer. When was did the last transport take place?
"The last transport took place 3 days, 4 hours, 9 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Where is the transport location?
"The patterns have not re-materialized."
<m> What?!?
"The patterns have ....."
I heard you the first time!
Working feverishly, she discovered that there were multiple transport pattern locked in the buffer in a transporter diagnostic loop. Knowing some of the patterns may have decayed slightly, she worked quickly, reinitiating transport. The members of the station's crew, slowly, painstakingly reappeared, shimmering into existence in groups of five. Allowing the Chief to take over transporter operations, she attended to those who were medical need.
Soon, the shuttle repaired, Leila was on her way to continue her journey....her adventure...to Betazed.

WEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! Leila wound up a heroine after all! Will she encounter more of the same "adventures"? OR.....Will she have the loooong and booooring trip she anticipated? Tune in next time for..As The Ship Turns.

Lieutennant Junior Grade

Leila Tashira

USS Daystrom

Daystrom Admin
Do or Do Not...

Postby Daystrom Admin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:38 pm

Subject: =====/\= As the Ship Turns ==/\=======
Date: 9/8/1998 10:52 PM US Mountain Standard Time

In our last episode, Leila helped rescue the crew of Starbase 4515. The shuttle was repaired and she was on her way to Betazed. And now..As the Ship Turns.

Smiling to herself at her achievement, Leila tapped the computer console and set the coordinates for Betazed. She engaged the engines, then stood up and walked to the replicator. She sighed as the placed her order. Hot Chocolate. The replicator fufilled her order and she chuckled, thinking of another member of the Daystrom crew that was a chocoholic. Gail. She smiled wide at the memory of Gail as she remembered how badly they liked to
torture the new crew members. The feisty southerner had a permament smirk on her face and was alway quick with the put-downs. Whoever replaced her was in for a big surprise. I wonder who replaced me? She thought it was probably a man, as Nolla always said that she would like to have a man in the sick bay again. She chuckled. Gail would have a ball with him....he would be the butt of her contant practical jokes. Laughing, Leila thought
that she would give anything to be there for that. But, how in the world would she have been able to work with a man? Given the way she felt about Tommy, she thought that having a man around would probably be a big pain in the butt. She laughed and walked over to the view port. A man in the sick bay. She shook her head. He would only be in the way. She sipped at the mug and stared out at the passing stars. And what if he was cute? Competition. She
could see it now...they would have been fighting and bickering, clamboring for his attention. Naah...she thought. A man in the sick bay would not be good for the patients. Men, at times, tend not to have the compassion and sympathy that is required to be a doctor. Of course, sometimes that could be a good thing as detatchment usually is a good way to keep from letting your job get to you.
Turning from the view port, she continued her musings. She was halfway to Betazed and she was getting nervous by the light year. It has been months since she has seen her daughter and she wondered if she was going to be able to help her. She remembered the stunt Kyro pulled at the wedding. Brinae has always been somewhat of a daredevil, but being carried by a tiger and being kidnapped by your own father were two different things. Being hurt be
someone you love is the one of the worst types of pain there is. The computer beeped. Leila jumped slightly, startled out of her musings. She crossed over to the console and peered at the screen. She breathed a sigh of relief. She was within hailing range of Betazed. She drained her mug and placed it in the reclaimer. She sat back at the helm and hailed the Starfleet base on Betazed.
This is the shuttle WEBB requestion clearance for landing.
A friendly voice returned her hail. Okay, shuttle WEBB you are cleared for landing in shuttle bay number 5.
Thank you, WEBB out.
Leila tapped the console and guided the shuttle through the atmosphere and to the base. She deftly maneuvered the shuttle to the base and landed safely, docking the shuttle quietly. She paused for a minute before stepping out from behind the console. She was home.

WEEELLLLLLLLL!!! Leila is home on Betazed...for the trial. Will she be able to handle the emotions of a scarred 5-year-old? OR....will she fall flat on her face? Tune in next time for...As the Ship Turns.

Lieutennant Junior Grade

Leila Tashira

USS Daystrom

Daystrom Admin
Do or Do Not...

Postby Daystrom Admin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:39 pm

Subject: =====/\== As the Ship Turns ==/\=========
Date: 9/28/1998 3:53 PM US Mountain Standard Time

In our last episode of, Leila had just arrived home to Betazed. And now.....As the Ship Turns.

Leila inhaled deeply. Standing in her old room at her mother's house, the scent of just being there brought back a flood of memories, both good and bad. She unpacked and let the memories come flooding back in little flashbacks. Walking around the lavender color-themed room, she smiled as she picked up an old teddy bear. She had gotten Rufus for her sixth birthday and even though it was old and missing it's nose, she still loved it just the same. She
finished unpacking and sat on the canopy bed, sighing. Brinae was in Starfleet custody for the time being, until Leila could go and see to her needs. The trial was in two days and the authorities had asked her to let Brinae testify against her father. She hadn't made the decision yet, and wouldn't, until she could see the mental condition her daughter was in. She had asked repeatedly how she was, but all she got were extremely vague answers. She
looked at her chrono. Time to go and meet her daughter. She exhaled, stood and walked out of the room, still clutching the teddy bear.......
Leila shimmered into the lobby of the Betazed/Federation Children's Services building. The secretary was expecting her and summoned the child psychologist in charge, Dr. Karldozo. He offered his hand. Leila Tashira? I'm Doctor Karldozo. I've been charge of Brinae's welfare since....
She smiled warmly and shook his hand. Yes, I know...How are you?
I am well.
Leila sobered slightly. How is she?
Post traumatic stress disorder.
Leila's facial expression fell. How long will it last?
We don't know yet. We didn't want to worry you during your journey here, but.... Long pause....she hasn't spoken a word.
Not even to my mother?
No. The trial is in two days and Starfleet....
Look, I don't care what *Starfleet* wants, she interrupted. *I* will make the decision about if, when or how they'll get her testimony. She softened. I want to see her.
The doctor hesitated for a moment, then said, Yes, right this way.
Dr. Karldozo led her down what seemed like an endless maze of hallways and through doors, to a small room with a window looking into another room. Leila was just about to speak, when she looked through the window and saw Brinae. The redheaded six-year-old was sitting in the corner of the room, facing the wall, playing with an Andorian doll. A tear fell trailed down Leila's cheek as the doctor spoke quietly. She has responded well to the
mental testing and other than not speaking, she hasn't been harmed in any way......
Only half listening to the doctor, Leila concentrated on her daughter, who was broadcasting deep sorrow, depression and anger. She interrupted the doctor's diatribe. I need to go to her.
Of course. Keep in mind, she has been through a lot these past few weeks and may not recognize you or even acknowledge your presence.
Slightly impatient, Leila replied, Please....I just need to see her.
Brinae looked up as the door opened and Leila stepped in. Please leave us. The doctor acknowledged Leila with a nod and closed the door.
Leila stood at the door, still clutching the teddy bear, as if the item was a lifeline to her sanity. She took a tentative step forward, at which Brinae, in a defensive move, stood abruptly and backed into a corner. Leila smiled warmly. Hello Little One....I missed you.
Brinae just stared at her, her green eyes frightened, still broadcasting extremely negative feelings.
Brinae? Leila projected her extreme maternal love for her daughter. She saw her daughter blink rapidly, a sign that she was projection sensitive. She stopped.
~Mom.....my?~
She answered gently. ~Yes...it's Mommy...~ She kneeled and opened her arms for an embrace.
Brinae hesitated, the walked slowly into her mother's embrace. ~Mommy.~ The sentiment held no emotion to it whatsoever.
Leila hugged her daughter and cried softly.

WEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL!!!!! Will Brinae snap out of her silence to testify? OR.......Will they have to violate the unwritten rule about mind reading? Tune in next time for....As the Ship Turns.

Lieutennant Junior Grade

Leila Tashira

USS Daystrom

Daystrom Admin
Do or Do Not...

Postby Daystrom Admin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:39 pm

Subject: =====/\== As the Ship Turns ==/\=====
Date: 10/1/1998 7:10 PM US Mountain Standard Time

In our last episode of As The Ship Turns, Leila had seen first hand what the kidnapping had done to her daughter. And now....As the Ship Turns.

Leila screamed and sat bolt upright in the bed. She looked around frantically, then sighed, remembering where she was. She looked beside her. Brinae slept peacefully, with an arm around Rufus, the teddy bear. She frowned. Her daughter had been through so much and she knew how the little girl dealt with it all before having the incident blocked from her mind. She had consistent nightmares and subsequently stopped talking. All of Brinae's memories
about the kidnapping...the beating...the burns...the rape....were now Leila's. It started with the trial....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The trial lasted two days. Gia's testimony was good, but it was Brinae's that put the nail in the coffin. In order for the prosecution to get her testimony, they struck a deal to let Brinae to testify in an unorthodox manner, since she still wasn't talking. Leila had entered her daughters mind, extracting the memories...in effect, blocking them temporarily from
the little girl's conscious mind. So she could at least sleep. Then a Vulcan friend of hers melded with her to assure everyone that she was telling the truth. Tommy sat through the trial with no expression on his face....and offered no apology or showed any remorse.The jury deliberated for 6 hours before returning a guilty verdict. He was sentenced to 15 years on a prison planet.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Now Leila was having the nightmares her daughter had. She sighed, getting out of the bed and padded softly to the kitchen. She made herself a hot chocolate. <m> This should help me sleep..... She went in to the living room and sat on the couch in the darkness. All of a sudden, the little hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. She felt another presence in the room....a verrrry familiar presence. She stiffened as a phaser was
pressed to her head. Tommy's voice hissed in her ear: Scream.....and you're *dead*.

WEEEEELLLLLLLLLL!!!!! Will Leila escape from this predicament?...OR...will Tommy give her a "Colombian Necktie?" Tune in next time on...As the Ship Turns.

Lieutennant Junior Grade

Leila Tashira

USS Daystrom

Daystrom Admin
Do or Do Not...

Postby Daystrom Admin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:40 pm

Subject: ====/\== As the Ship Turns ==/\====
Date: 10/12/1998 10:13 AM US Mountain Standard Time

In our last episode, Tommy had broken into Leila's home and made her an interesting proposition. Brought to you by Rihannsu Burgers....::dramatic pause, cheesy commercial music:: You never know what you're eating.... when you eat a Rihannsu. And now.....As the Ship Turns.

Leila turned and stared down the barrel of a phaser with a look that belied the fact that she was facing death at the touch of a finger. For most humanoids, it would be a situation of sheer terror. But Leila....and her previous symbiont's hosts...had been punched, stabbed, kicked, dropped, whipped, slapped, shot and burned so many times that *this* situation was not as unnerving as it looked. Her voice was ice cold when she spoke,
Tommy...what the hell are you *doing*?
Caught off guard at the calmness of her voice, Tommy blinked, then recovered. Shaddup! he hissed. *You're* coming with me.
She shrugged, then smirked. Can I at least change my clothes?
He leered at her in the sheer nightgown. No...He got a wild look in his dark eyes. I want to remember you.....like....this... He sneered and waved the phaser. Let's go.
Leila shrugged again as they made their way down to the gardens of their home town on Betazed. As they walked, her bare feet crunching down on dry leaves, she tried unsuccessfully to probe Tommy's mind. Being twice the telepath she is, he was effectively blocking all of his thoughts except one......her. But, boy was he *projecting*. Anger, shame, lust, desire, despair, love....it was a veritable smorgasbord of emotions directed at her.
They walked for about an hour or so, when she feigned exhaustion. Tommy....I gotta rest....
He stopped abruptly. Okay......sit.
Leila shook her head, searching around for somewhere decent to sit. She walked over to a bed of moss and sat down, regarding her captor for a while. She then asked, Why are you doing this?
He just stood there, staring at her, his dark eyes distant. Because I love you, Leila.....The words were simply stated, but the emotions behind them were immense.
Leila blinked at the overwhelming projection, then sighed. If it's my affection that you seek.....you're wasting your time....
NO!!! He interrupted her. You *will* love me...this....He waved the phaser, "....will make you. Admit it...you're scared. And...His voice got dangerously low. ".....you want me."
The blatant projection of love and lust made her blink again. Leila struggled to keep her voice calm. You're crazy. There is positively no way I can love you *this* way....."
Tommy emitted an anguished cry and covered his ears. No, no, NO! You *WILL* love me...or I'll kill you! If I can't have you....NO ONE WILL!! He pointed the phaser at her head again,trembling.......but he didn't press the button. He let down the block on his mind just long enough to allow Leila to read his mind before slammed the wall up again. She realized in relief that he had no intention of killing her. But she also read the
deep depression that permeated his entire being.
Still struggling with the strong projections, she softened her voice. Tommy....maybe we could work something out....maybe when you get out of prison, we could..."
NO!!! I *can't* go to prison! He lowered the phaser as his dark eyes got wilder. No! I can't.....
But.....
Do you know where they're sending me? He projected a deep and riveting fear.
She blinked again. N-n-no...
Ceti Alpha V! CETI ALPHA V!!!! His voice was incredulous. Can you believe *that*???!!
She muttered to herself. The punishment fits the crime.....
But.....there's no one there!! I'll be....." He fell to the ground and held his head in his hands, moaning, .......alone.......A strong projection of despair followed.
She blinked again at the projection and, for the first time in months, she felt sorry for him. Ceti Alpha V was a dreaded place for anyone, and Tommy was the first to be sentenced to a cavern cell there. There will be others coming later, but it hadn't been inhabited since the year Khan Noonien Singh and his followers got off the planet and hijacked the USS Reliant and the Genesis project. The story was in all the history books. Leila's voice was
low as she said, Tommy....I'm so sorry...
He stood abruptly. Sorry? SORRY?!? *You*......you caused this! Now, I'm supposed to go to that desolate place and live there 15 years *alone*?" NO, I can't go there!! I......can't.....be.....
Leila stood abruptly, knowing what he was going to do in that instant. Tommy....NOOOO!!!!!
.......ALONE!!!!!! It was too late. Tommy turned the phaser on himself and fired, vaporizing into thin air.
Leila stood there, staring at the spot where Tommy once stood, numb. For the second time in two months, she felt nothing...no emotion at all. She turned and walked back to civilization. A myriad of questions ran through her mind, but one stood out above the rest.....Why?

WEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL!!!!! How will Leila deal with the death of her daughter's father? Will she be able to tell the little girl the truth? OR...will she say that daddy has taken a permanent vacation?? Tune in next time for the next episode of..As the Ship Turns.

Lieutennant Junior Grade

Leila Tashira

USS Daystrom

Daystrom Admin
Do or Do Not...

Postby Daystrom Admin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:41 pm

Date: 10/21/1998 8:20 PM US Mountain Standard Time

In our last episode, Tommy had kidnapped Leila, then subsequently committed suicide because he didn't want to go to prison. Brought to you by......Lloann'na Wieners....::cheesy commercial music:: Eat a Lloann'na weenie, see how good a Lloann'na can be....::dramatic pause:: And now....As the Ship Turns....

TOMMY!!! NOOOOO!!! Leila sat upright in bed with small beads of perspiration on her brow. It's been three weeks since Tommy's suicide, and yet, the nightmare continued to plague her dreams. Brinae took the news hard, despite the fact that she still harbored a deep hatred for her father. Leila, for the most part, tried to keep busy; the house hadn't been that clean since she actually lived there. She got out of bed, cautiously looking
around; the last time she got out of bed from a nightmare, she was kidnapped. Assuring herself that there was no one else in the house, she padded to the kitchen in her nightgown. Getting a mug of hot chocolate, she sat in a chair, sipping the hot brew carefully. She thought of James, sighing......

Lieutenant? Are you going to be okay? The lieutenant commander peered into her eyes as she sat in the sick bay of the Starfleet Base on Betazed.
Yeah....yes, thank you.....?
He offered his hand. Lieutenant Commander James Thomas Wilson...and you?
Leila smiled for the first time in days. Lieutenant Junior Grade Leila Tashira....She shook his hand firmly, noting the gentle roughness of it.
A pleasure....Leila? She nodded as he smiled warmly. You were pretty dazed when you came in here....what happened?
Leila frowned slightly as she relayed the events that played out earlier that morning. ....So, at first light I decided to come here...She shrugged. I don't know why. He didn't even hurt me.
James stared into her blue eyes. Perhaps to talk about it? Do you need a counselor?
Leila's thoughts immediately flew to T'Neya. Yes....I think I do....I...I... She started to tremble violently.
He knew immediately what was happening and wrapped his arms around her. She had blocked all the terror she was feeling at the kidnapping and it was starting to manifest itself now that it was over. Shhh....hush. I understand. He rocked slowly, trying to calm her down.
She shuddered and grabbed his arm tightly. Tears flowed from her eyes, but she didn't make a sound. Finally calming down, she wiped the last of her tears and looked up at him. Thanks...
He smiled down at her. Glad I could help.

"Glad I could help...." That one statement started the whole thing. They had been dating for the last three weeks and they have become very close. A wide smile crossed her face as she leaned back in the chair. She whispered to herself, You've helped me more than you know, James.

WEEELLLLLLLLLL!!!! Is Leila in....::sneer, eyeroll:: .....LOVE? Will there be more trials and tribulations ahead for them? Tune in next time for......As the Ship Turns.

Lieutennant Junior Grade

Leila Tashira

USS Daystrom

Daystrom Admin
Do or Do Not...

Postby Daystrom Admin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:41 pm

Date: 10/27/1998 4:54 PM US Mountain Standard Time

In our last episode of As the Ship Turns, Leila woke up from a nightmare and mused about Lieutenant Commander James Thomas Wilson. Brought to you by.....Lloann'na Lunchmeat and Betazoid Bread....::cheesy commercial music:: Put a Lloann'na between two Betazoids and watch what happens! ::dramatic pause:: And now....As the Ship Turns.

Come ON, James! Leila called down to him as they walked through the Janaran jungle. He had never been to the Falls and she was leading them there.
Okay, okay.....! James was busy taking in all the sights and sounds of the jungle, snapping pictures left and right, lagging behind her.
Leila giggled, then grinned evilly to herself as she did a trick she learned. She jumped up, grabbed a branch and swung herself up onto the branch, looking down on the path that James would take to follow her. Chuckling, she waited for him to pass.
James wandered down the path, calling out, Leila??!! LEILA??!! She had to stifle a giggle when he said, Damn....now I'm lost. LEILA??!!
Leila jumped down from the branch, just as he stepped near the tree. BOO!!
James jumped back. AAAAAAAHH!! He grabbed his phaser and aimed it at her as she laughed at him. Don't DO that.....he told her....then burst out laughing.
I'm sorry....I couldn't resist...Leila laughed harder as she started walking the last hundred or so meters to the Janaran Falls. She stood on a rock and looked down on the pool of water that the falls fell into.
James came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. He whispered in her ear, So...this is it, eh? He turned her around and looked at her. Absolutely beautiful....He jerked his head towards the falls, And the falls aren't bad either.
She blushed, poking him. Awww...come onnnn... She lowered her voice. Let's go swimming.
But, I didn't bring a bathing suit....
Leila had already stripped off her clothes and was standing in her underwear. So what? She dived into the pool of water.
James stood there and blinked. I don't believe she did that.... Recovering, he also stripped and dived into the water.
The swam and played together in the water for about two hours, then got out and sat on the rock to dry. After they dried, the dressed and sat in silence for a long time, watching the water as it cascaded into the pool. James sighed, breaking the silence. Aww to hell with it... He took her into his arms and kissed her deeply.
Surprised, Leila tensed, then relaxed into his embrace, returning the kiss with equaled passion.
He broke the kiss, whispering, I love you, Leila.
Silence.
James looked at Leila with a puzzled look, for he was fully expecting her to return the sentiment. She looked up at him with soft blue eyes and sighed. I'm sorry, James....I.....can't..... She thought about the pain and heartbreak that Tommy had given her and she wondered if she could ever let it go.
He released her, sighing deeply. No...I'm sorry...I should have known better. I'm ready to settle down. I've been alone for far too long...and I wanted you to be with me....
She looked down. James, you make me very happy, but...
But?
I don't think I'm.....ready for that yet...
So when do you think you'll be ready?
I don't know....maybe never.... I really don't know... Her voice trailed off.
He stood up and looked down at her with sadness in his eyes. Then I guess I'm wasting my time...
James, no...It's just that....She stood up also and touched his arm Please....just give me time...
Sure...no problem.....I'll....be around if you want me back....And with that, he walked away.
Leila sat back on the rock and sighed. What do I feel? Tommy is gone. What am I afraid of? Am I in love with him? He's the kindest, most loving person I have ever met in recent years.....I.... She blinked as tears started to run down her cheeks. I guess I *do* love him if I'm crying...she thought wryly. She stood up and ran in the direction he had taken, calling out James?!! JAMES!!

WEEEEEELLLLLLL!!!! Did Leila just screw up the best thing that has happened to her in a long time? Will she catch up to James? Tune in next time for the next episode of.....As the Ship Turns.

Lieutennant Junior Grade

Leila Tashira

USS Daystrom

Daystrom Admin
Do or Do Not...

Postby Daystrom Admin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:42 pm

Date: 11/3/1998 3:44 AM US Mountain Standard Time

In the last episode of As the Ship Turns, Leila was running after James, trying to save a relationship that she deeply cherished. Brought to you by....K.A.O. Cat Food...::cheesy commercial music:: Pout a bowl of K.A.O. and watch kitty come quickly! K.A.O. proudly announces their kitty contest!!! ::trumpets blare:: The first person who can determine
what K.A.O. stands for, will win...::dramatic pause:: A lifetime supply of K.A.O. cat food!!! Send your entry to:
K.A.O. Cat Food Contest
LtJgLeilaT
AOL City, USA, 12345.

And now....::dramatic pause::....As the Ship Turns.

Leila shimmered into the OPS center of the Starfleet base on Betazed. She looked around, asking various people if they had seen James. It was as if he disappeared. She sighed. I didn't want to do this but....she thought to herself as she found a quiet place to sit down. She relaxed, closing her eyes and concentrated on James. She mentally searched the building, trying to feel for his presence. Okay...she thought
wryly, so he isn't here. She broadened her search and felt his presence, faintly, in the garden near her mother's home. She sighed. He's waiting for me. She walked back to the transporter pad and beamed back to her mother's home. She stepped off the pad and walked outside, following the small cobblestone path to the garden. When she reached the garden, she stopped short, feeling the deep melancholy emanating from him. She
approached him cautiously. James? she said quietly.
He was sitting on the ground, leaning against a tree. He didn't move, nor did he look at her. Yes?
She walked over to him slowly, trying to gauge his feelings without digging into his mind. I'm......sorry.....She stood next to him.
He slowly raised his head to look at her. Well.....so am I.
She kneeled down next to him. No....you don't understand....
He interrupted her. So make me understand. There was a hint of anger in his voice.
She heard it and sighed. I guess I was afraid to tell you what I really felt....Tommy...
Is gone...he interrupted again, his voice softer. Look, I can't guarantee that our lives would be a bed of roses, but Leila.....I can guarantee that I'm going to love you.....forever.
She stared at him. Never in her life had she ever felt such love and devotion come from one person. Are you going to let me say what I came here to say? She smiled, her blue eyes twinkling.
He raised an eyebrow. Alright. Say it.
She reached over and caressed a cheek. I love you, James.
He blinked, then smiled wide, standing up. She stood with him and he took her into his arms and hugged her tightly. I love you too....
She laughed. Well.....you're going to squeeze me to death...we get together and already you're trying to kill me? she teased him.
He released her, holding her at arms length for a minute. I'm so sorry...I.....She interrupted him with a passionate kiss.

WEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL!!! Leila's got a boyfriend, Leila's got a boyfriend! Will their lives be that bed of roses? Or a house of cards? Tune in next time, when we announce the winner of the K.A.O. Kitty contest, on.........As the Ship Turns.

Lieutennant Junior Grade

Leila Tashira

USS Daystrom

Daystrom Admin
Do or Do Not...

Postby Daystrom Admin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:44 pm

Date: 11/18/1998 5:51 PM US Mountain Standard Time

In our last episode of As the Ship Turns, Leila and James had kissed and made up.....ANNOUNCING....::trumpets blare:: The winner of out K. A. O. Cat food contest!! And the winner is....::dramatic pause:: Nobody! So....the answer is....Kyro Andromeda Orion! So.....::cheesy commercial music:: Pour a bowl of K. A. O. and watch
kitty come quickly! And now.....::dramatic pause:: As the Ship Turns.

Leila stared at the vial in disbelief. No......it *can't* be....Oh, but it was...and now she had the daunting task of telling James that she was pregnant. A range of emotions came over her....fright, happiness. apprehension.....and she had no idea what to do. She walked to the threshold of the bathroom and stared at him, asleep in the bed. ~Wake up sleepyhead....~ She smiled as her projected thought permeated his dream
and he moaned a little, rolling over in the bed. He sat up slowly and rubbed the sleep from his eyes as she walked over to the bed and sat on it. Hi, she said quietly.
Why, hello, love. You're up early.
Late, actually....it's 11 o'clock.
He blinked. Eleven o'clock? He shook his head. It's been a long time since I've slept *that* late.
I know....I've been up for an hour. She beamed.
He raised an eyebrow. You haven't been that happy since I asked you to marry me...He smiled. What's up?
She stood up, twirling around the room. Ooohhh...nothing...I'm happy, you're happy, Brinae's happy, I'm pregnant, Mom's happy....
He caught it. Hold on, hold on.....back up a little....
She stopped spinning around. What part?
He smirked. The 'I'm pregnant' part...
Oh you are??!! She teased him. How wonderful!!!!
He laughed, getting out of the bed. Ha. Ha. He crossed the room to her and grinned. Is it true?
She looked up at him, smiling widely and nodded enthusiastically. He picked her up and spun her around. WHOO HOO!!!!!
She giggled hysterically as this was not the reaction she was expecting from him. Hey!
James set her down gently and smiled down at her. He stared at her for a long time, then sighed. What about the Daystrom?
She looked up at him with pale blue eyes. I don't know.....

WEEEEEELLLLLLL!!! Leila's PREGNANT! Will this put a damper on their lives? OR will it be the best thing that has ever happened to them? And what *about* the Daystrom? Tune in next time for the next episode of....As the Ship Turns.

PATRICIA!

The Genius behind:

LtJg Leila Tashira

LtJg Jor-El Ranau

Ensign Mika'el Ranau

Lt Sean Jolai

Seleenia Kalai

Ranger Leila Kall

"Better to shun the bait than struggle on the hook." --- H. Thomas Webb
Daystrom Admin
Do or Do Not...

Postby Daystrom Admin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:44 pm

Date: 11/18/1998 5:53 PM US Mountain Standard Time

In the last episode of As The Ship Turns, Leila and James discovered that they are going to be parents. Again. Sponsored by Rihannsu Burgers...::cheesy commercial music:: You never know what you're eating, when you eat a Rihannsu! And now...::dramatic pause:: The Series Finale of...As the Ship Turns.

Dear sirs, I am composing this letter to tell you...Pause. Computer, delete that.
That sentence has been deleted.
Sigh. To whom it may concern. Pause. Delete that.
That sentence has been deleted.
Leila was having a hard time expressing what she felt. She ran a hand through her long hair. Okay...I can do this... Dear sirs, Better... I am composing this log to inform you of my decision to resign my commission to Starfleet. Good so far... It is my understanding that being an officer in Starfleet entails a great deal of commitment and dedication, something which I have provided for large number of years. Pause.
However, I must inform you that, in light of my present condition...She rubbed her belly unconsciously..... I have reexamined my priorities and found that I am not going to be able to dedicate myself to the commitment of a Starfleet career. Therefore I am resigning my commission to Starfleet, effective upon the receipt of this letter, and settling here on Betazed with my family. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Lieutenant Junior Grade Leila Tashira out. Leila released the breath she was holding and shook her head. The decision to resign had been a hard one, but James had convinced her that it was for the best that there'd be only one officer in the family. And since he outranked her, it was only fair that she gave up her commission. Not that she minded, as she had started to develop a better relationship with her daughter and was excited about the
impending birth of another child. She looked into the mirror as she donned the veil. There was a timid knock on the door and her mother entered the room. Leila stood up and smiled. Mother.
Leila, you look beautiful. I wish your father was alive to see this moment.
He'd probably keel over and die because we're not having a traditional Betazoid wedding like before.
Yeah, well...Tommy wasn't Terran either. Somehow, I think your father would understand about this.
Leila chuckled. Well,...it's not like he has a choice right? Her mother nodded as she walked over, adjusted the veil and sighed, taking out a tissue and wiping her eyes. Leila softened. Oh, mother...please don't cry...
Well,...you know I can't help it....my daughter is getting married again....and I get to be there this time. She turned, walking towards the door. There was a knock and Leila realized that her mother knew someone was coming and was going to open the door. The attendant smiled, letting them know that everything was starting. Leila gathered up the train of her wedding dress and walked out of the door and down the hall. She waited in front of
the double doors for her cue to walk down the aisle.......

WEEEEEEELLLLLLL.......This is the last episode of As The Ship Turns. Thanks for letting me entertain you with the trials and tribulations of Lieutenant Junior Grade Leila Tashira. Rest assured that she will live happily ever after. Now....as for Jor-El........::evil laughter is heard in the background..........::

PATRICIA!

The Genius behind:

LtJg Leila Tashira

LtJg Jor-El Ranau

Ensign Mika'el Ranau

Lt Sean Jolai

Seleenia Kalai

Ranger Leila Kall

"Better to shun the bait than struggle on the hook." --- H. Thomas Webb
Daystrom Admin
Do or Do Not...

Return to Daystrom Archives