Idea

Where the Council, command, administration, and fleet-wide matters are discussed.

Moderators: Capt Kevin Acura, Laehval tTemarr

Idea

Postby Enarrain Isa » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:58 am

OK ... take it or leave it, but here goes ...

We need to see some better traffic on this board and I think the best ways would be to have each CO send a gentle yet firm reminder to his/her crew, maybe by BCC'ing their mailstrings, to the effect that the boards are here for ALL of us, the more the merrier, etc. and that posting is FUN.

The boards aren't just for bios, announcements and logs; we also have The Lounge for O/T discussion and socialization. Plus reading from other Sim's stuff keeps us all informed as to what's going on.

How 'bout it?
Enarrain Mirok i-Rehu tr'Isa
CO, RES Osprey RPV 10704

"These are the Times that try men's Souls."
~~Th. tr'Paine, The Crisis
Enarrain Isa

Postby Capt Kevin Acura » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:21 pm

Huh?

Most of us ... if not all ... on the Council already do that on the sims we have. I do it on the Daystrom, the Nix ... weekly ... sometimes within Emails. I don't think I'm going overboard when I state that Q and Gail also direct the crews of Daystrom and Nix to the boards. Captain Payne does it on the Freedom. I've been there when he has on numerous occasions directed crew to the FKA Boards as well as the individual site for Freedom. He does artwork, humor and current events. I am firsthand witness to all of the above.

Even when I guest or visit on sims I suggest and advise crews to visit the boards or use the boards for the tool that it can be. I have sent letters to the Council advising usage of the boards.

Matter of fact the shirt I am wearing says ... FKA rules and on the back it has both the main website and board addresses.

In my entire term as FKA Commander I have pushed for more participation on the boards. Make the boards more of a community project for recreation, interaction as well as recruiting. I have advised Email sims to post to the FKA boards as well as to their own individual boards, but as is in FKA current and past ... it is and will be their choice to do whatever they, the sims hosting team and/or CO, feel is best for their individual sims.

During this year the boards are much more active than they had been previous and it is getting better little by little. More and more people are joining, posting and exhibiting talent that has inspired many on many levels.

Should we inspire and continue to direct the members of FKA to the boards here? Yes, ... Definently!

Is the problem the Council not doing enough? No. I feel the Council has done a great deal this year with the addition of new sims, updated Constitution and upcoming business that will be revealed once the matter is settled with all parties concerned. This has been a good year for FKA I think and that year isn't over yet. Still big things on the horizon.
Captain Kevin T. Acura
Commanding Officer of the U.S.S. Daystrom
FKA Commander

"Do or Do not. There Is No Try." - Yoda/U.S.S. Daystrom motto

Capt Kevin Acura
Acura Protocols?

Re: The Boards

Postby Capt Rachel Zeta » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:07 pm

I too talk to my crew about the boards and the importance of posting here and am getting both increased response and some new crew members!

I am also trying to post my briefing every week so people can get an idea of the storylines we're all focusing on.

I think Captain Acura has made a HUGE effort on board use and it is paying off...for my crew, very much so.

Capt Rachel Zeta
Capt Rachel Zeta

Postby CaptQT » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:15 pm

Ok, so there's this old saying.."You can lead a horse to water..." You know the rest. The Phoenix crew is regularly pointed towards the boards. If they choose not to post, that is their perogative. I am not going to start requiring my crew to post.
CaptQT
Phoenix

Postby Capt Kevin Acura » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:28 pm

I agree.

I have asked the crew of Daystrom to post.

I post on here regularly, but I wont make it a requirement or try to pressure any of the Daystrom crew to post. To me it goes against one of the ideals of FKA.
Captain Kevin T. Acura
FKA Commander

Capt Kevin Acura
Acura Protocols?

Re: Idea

Postby Laehval tTemarr » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:40 pm

Enarrain Isa wrote:We need to see some better traffic on this board and I think the best ways would be to have each CO send a gentle yet firm reminder to his/her crew, maybe by BCC'ing their mailstrings, to the effect that the boards are here for ALL of us, the more the merrier, etc. and that posting is FUN.

I'm pretty sure that the COs are already encouraging their people to post, but you can't really force the issue. People will or they won't. The FKA will continue to operate no matter what. Yes it is fun, and we'd all like as much participation as possible, but I don't think this is something that needs to be policed. I'd much rather have someone post willingly because they like to, than to drill them over the head so much that they are only posting because they feel guilty or harassed.
Lt. Cmdr Laehval t'Temarr
Chief of Security
U.S.S. Daystrom

FKA Vice Commander

Laehval tTemarr
Romulan Half-Breed, but still all Woman

Postby Enarrain Isa » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:52 pm

I know, I know, it's just so ... disappointing. The boards are here for a purpose, to be used and moreover, enjoyed.

Take it as my just thinking out loud. ...
CO, RES Osprey RPV 10704

Enarrain Isa

Postby Cdr Gail Ranau » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:49 am

Sorry - can't twist someone's arm to post to the boards.

We can highly encourage (or harrass in some cases) that people post. That's about as best as we can do. I know our CO both here for FKA and for Daystrom has done a pretty good job of remind everyone about the boards. He's even gone so far as to posting the mission brief to the boards instead of in-sim to encourage their usage.

I also do my best to encourage board usage - especially with our new players. But even I, with all my best intentions (and my three untyped logs) have a hard time getting stuff up.

It's been said, and will be continued to be said - this isn't a new issue but a continuing issue with all sim groups that have message boards. Some of your members will use them, some of them won't. Our CO's will remind everyone and hope for the best.
"Humor bridges the gap between the perfection we seek and the imperfections we are stuck with."

Cdr Gail Ranau

Postby Enarrain Isa » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:08 am

Hmmmm maybe it's time to use the Ceremonial Electronic Rihannsu Cattle Prod ™ ...

... or whatever floats your boat. An Agony Booth can come in handy too. :wink:
CO, RES Osprey RPV 10704

Enarrain Isa

Postby trValen » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:58 pm

Enarrain Isa wrote:OK ... take it or leave it, but here goes ...

We need to see some better traffic on this board and I think the best ways would be to have each CO send a gentle yet firm reminder to his/her crew, maybe by BCC'ing their mailstrings, to the effect that the boards are here for ALL of us, the more the merrier, etc. and that posting is FUN.

The boards aren't just for bios, announcements and logs; we also have The Lounge for O/T discussion and socialization. Plus reading from other Sim's stuff keeps us all informed as to what's going on.

How 'bout it?

I just found this OOC board on accident <g> I think many of us only look at the sim board parts we're involved with! That'd probably be a good idea.
trValen

Postby HalfPipe72 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:36 pm

[quote="Enarrain Isa"]OK ... take it or leave it, but here goes ...

We need to see some better traffic on this board quote]

Really? I got kicked off the boards for 12 hours for posting to much. You really want more trafic. ROFLMAO ::Inocent look:: Ok I'll post more but if I get kicked off again I'm coming to you. LOL J/K
Signed,
Commander Sher Half-Pipe
(First Officer / Science Officer)
Freedom : http://uss-freedom.com
My Blog : http://360.yahoo.com/halfpipe72
My Website : http://www.geocities.com/halfpipe72
HalfPipe72
=/\= The Klingon =/\=

Postby HalfPipe72 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:40 pm

Capt Kevin Acura wrote:Matter of fact the shirt I am wearing says ... FKA rules and on the back it has both the main website and board addresses.

I want one, do they come in 3x. It's the chest I tell you. :o
Signed,
Commander Sher Half-Pipe
HalfPipe72
=/\= The Klingon =/\=

Postby Capt Kevin Acura » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:02 pm

I'll get to work on that and get back to you ASAP! :::Chuckles:::
Captain Kevin T. Acura
FKA Commander

Capt Kevin Acura
Acura Protocols?

Postby Enarrain Isa » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:09 am

HalfPipe72 wrote:

We need to see some better traffic on this board

Really? I got kicked off the boards for 12 hours for posting to much. You really want more trafic. ROFLMAO ::Inocent look:: Ok I'll post more but if I get kicked off again I'm coming to you. LOL J/K

Posting too much?? :shock: Tell me how you do that, I have no idea at all as to how that's accomplished. :P
CO, RES Osprey RPV 10704

Enarrain Isa

Postby HalfPipe72 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:25 pm

Enarrain Isa wrote:
HalfPipe72 wrote:

We need to see some better traffic on this board

Posting too much?? :shock: Tell me how you do that, I have no idea at all as to how that's accomplished. :P

All I know is I posted over 10 times in a few places and I got booted off for a little while. LOL
Signed,
Commander Sher Half-Pipe
HalfPipe72
=/\= The Klingon =/\=

Postby Capt Kevin Acura » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:28 pm

You got booted for 12 hours? Wow? That's never happened to me. I don't know what to tell you about that one. First time I've heard that.

Someone is looking into it.
Captain Kevin T. Acura
FKA Commander

Capt Kevin Acura
Acura Protocols?

Postby Enarrain Isa » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:54 am

Capt Kevin Acura wrote:Someone is looking into it.

There was a time on the old Enterprise when Yeoman Janice Rand complained that someone had carved a peephole into her quarters.

Captain Kirk promised to look into it.
CO, RES Osprey RPV 10704

Enarrain Isa

Postby Capt Kevin Acura » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:17 pm

Heh! Good one!
Captain Kevin T. Acura
FKA Commander

Capt Kevin Acura
Acura Protocols?

Postby Enarrain Isa » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:55 am

trValen wrote:I just found this OOC board on accident <g> I think many of us only look at the sim board parts we're involved with! That'd probably be a good idea.

How 'bout checking out the Freedom board ... and the Trek pumpkin cartoon? See how many aliens you can name.
CO, RES Osprey RPV 10704

Enarrain Isa

Postby HalfPipe72 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:04 pm

Enarrain Isa wrote:
trValen wrote:I just found this OOC board on accident <g> I think many of us only look at the sim board parts we're involved with! That'd probably be a good idea.

How 'bout checking out the Freedom board ... and the Trek pumpkin cartoon? See how many aliens you can name.

Damnit. I knew there were tests in this message board. LOL
Signed,
Commander Sher Half-Pipe
HalfPipe72
=/\= The Klingon =/\=

Postby Enarrain Isa » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:08 am

At the risk of sounding more Klingonish than Rihannsu, yesterday was a good day to post. Did anyone notice all the traffic!? :shock:
CO, RES Osprey RPV 10704

Enarrain Isa

Postby Capt Kevin Acura » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:26 pm

Laehval and I both noticed the traffic. We keep ourselves fully aware to such things as board participation, board post and overall activity in general. We also make sure that we are aware of the why and where so that we can inspire it to continue.
Captain Kevin T. Acura
FKA Commander

Capt Kevin Acura
Acura Protocols?

Return to The FKA