Who will be at Shoreleave?

FKA Special Event in July

Moderator: Laehval tTemarr

Who will be at Shoreleave?

Postby Capt Kevin Acura » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:39 pm

I figured I'd make this post so people can be informed on this aspect of Shoreleave ... Who will be there in '06?

I'm going to be there. Definently. Representing FKA to the fullest! Who else?

I'm even making T-Shirts. I'll even make one for those that are going to be there. It'll only just cost you the price of the shirt. If I hit the lottery ... it's FKA leather jackets ... totally free... but since I haven't hit the lottery ... well ... ya know ... T-Shirts.

I'm just a working stiff. Budget Bandits unite :!:
Captain Kevin T. Acura
Commanding Officer of the U.S.S. Daystrom
FKA Commander

"Do or Do not. There Is No Try." - Yoda/U.S.S. Daystrom motto

Capt Kevin Acura
Acura Protocols?

Postby CaptQT » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:41 pm

Frenchie and I are planning on being there. The kidlet...we're not sure about yet. Kinda hoping we can talk a grandparent into coming up to babysit. Ahhh...adult weekend....and not having to miss out on the TFL amusements because it's past someone's bedtime....hmmm...well, aside from my own, but I can stay up late and party every NOW and then....
CaptQT
Phoenix

Darn right

Postby Dr. Trabeaux » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:49 pm

U bet we'll be there!!!!!
Jag Dumas
Ensign Engineering: USS Daystrom
If u can't dazzle'm with brilliance, riddle'm with bullets!
Dr. Trabeaux

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:14 pm

Count me in!! Hoo Rah!!!

Postby RHoq Zaliid » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:21 pm

Dang, that was me...I forgot to log in! Hoo rah!!
RHoq Zaliid
Chief Engineer
USS Daystrom

RHoq Zaliid

Postby Capt Kevin Acura » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:41 pm

Who else is going to be there? I hope that all the ships of FKA will be represented. That would be awesome!
Captain Kevin T. Acura
FKA Commander

Capt Kevin Acura
Acura Protocols?

Postby Adml Mansur » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:23 pm

Count me in as well as Connie. If we can't make it I'll let you know in plenty of time but right now we're looking forward towards making the trip and even staying with a friend who, like me, is a retired FKA Commander -- she lives in MD so we won't be too far away!

We do need to have as many Sims represented as we can, and that means that each CO needs to make a commitment to represent his/her ship and if not then at least the XO. Last year I didn't make it and due to that I think nobody on the Golden Eagle wanted to do so either.

QT -- thanks ever so much for all those Shoreleave photos at the Phoenix's website. Reminds me of the last time I was there (2000) and I am looking forward to returning and having a blast with all you folks.
Fleet Adml. Isa M. Mansur
Commanding Officer, SF RES Golden Eagle ARRV 580320

"If the sword shatters, take its fragments to the forge." ~~ Ancient Romulan Proverb
Adml Mansur

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:21 pm

Barring any Unforseen circumstances, Kbear and I will be there. I'll be wearing a newer version of the Joker outfit i wore in 04

Postby CaptQT » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:55 pm

::waves to Cibernite/Shawn:: You forgot to log in :wink:

Yay! I look forward to seeing y'all there!
CaptQT
Phoenix

Postby Cibernite » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:09 pm

I'm going this saturday to pickup a couple of shirts for the outfit.
Ltcmdr Shawn Andrews, Star Fleet Intellegence. The world is but a Stage and in life, we are all just actors
Cibernite

Postby Adml Mansur » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:42 am

Count me in as well as Connie. If we can't make it I'll let you know in plenty of time but right now we're looking forward towards making the trip and even staying with a friend who, like me, is a retired FKA Commander -- she lives in MD so we won't be too far away!

Update from last post: Depending on Connie's health she may or may not be coming with me. She was diagnosed more than 2 years ago with atrial fibrillation, a cardiac condition in which the heart is arrhythmic due to abnormal neural signals causing the upper chambers of the heart (atria) to quiver (fibrillate), putting patients at risk of stroke and for which Coumadin is often prescribed, frequently with great success. Connie stabilized a couple of years back but was recently put back on the medication. She has said that until the condition stabilizes she would not be going any more than 2 or 3 hours' distance away from here e.g. from Kalamazoo to Detroit or Chicago so as to be close to her physicians. I'll keep you all posted if and when there is a change.

LL&P \\//_

"If the sword shatters, take its fragments to the forge." ~~ Ancient Romulan Proverb
Adml Mansur

Postby Red » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:48 pm

I will, of course, be there. How can I not? I live too close to say no! Though I might have to hitch a ride with QT and Pierre on the way up... =)

Cap, let me know if there's anything I need to contribute to the general costuming slush fund/general extra costuming chest.

And I have yet to make a reservation at the hotel, but should be doing that in the next week...once dear ADM Ramsey and I figure out what our schedule will be.

-- Red
MCAPT Katja Romany
USS Daystrom
=/\=
LCDR Charlotte Matsumura
Starfleet Intelligence
USS Phoenix

Red

Postby Dr. Trabeaux » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:00 pm

We got PLENTY of room Red, I was thinking we should leave a day early and stay one night with ya'll to break up the trip... cause it was LONG last year. :wink:
Jag Dumas
Ensign Engineering: USS Daystrom
If u can't dazzle'm with brilliance, riddle'm with bullets!
Dr. Trabeaux

Postby Adml Mansur » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:28 am

Now that we have "Little Jadz" (our car) fixed, Connie and I are putting money aside for the trip in July. Most likely we'll leave the 5th, arrive in MD that evening, and leave MD the 10th or 11th.

I only know you folks via these boards, e-mail, AIM names and the like. Pretty soon we're going to be needing to exchange contact info. RL names (for those who don't know), telephone #s (Connie and I don't have a cell phone but our friend Patty will let us borrow hers, I'm sure) and the like. Let's be plenty organized well beforehand because it is only 17 weeks 6 days before Shore Leave XXVIII begins and tempus fugit even when you are NOT having fun, if you get my drift!

Let's have more ships represented this time around and more members present than ever before!

Fellow CO's, let's please start doing head counts on our ships and initiate whatever campaigns, so to speak, there need be to convince others, especially those who have never attended SL, to come and have a blast. Mention the FKA Outback Feast. Oh, and yes -- Patty's b/day is July 1 so we can always get FREE CAKE this time around! Mwahahahaha ... :twisted:

Eric

Adml Mansur

Postby CaptQT » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:23 pm

Ok, we've got another room booked...and it should be a penthouse (splitting it with Red and Ramsey). Wheee!
CaptQT
Phoenix

Postby Adml Mansur » Wed May 03, 2006 12:26 pm

:::sigh::: Due to financial considerations Connie and I can't make it. Next year maybe.

:::headdeskbang:::

(pass me the ice, Red ...)

:cry:

Adml Mansur

Postby Capt Kevin Acura » Wed May 03, 2006 6:16 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you wont be there. I was looking forward to it. :wink:
Captain Kevin T. Acura
FKA Commander

Capt Kevin Acura
Acura Protocols?

Postby Adml Mansur » Wed May 03, 2006 11:37 pm

Capt Kevin Acura wrote:I'm sorry to hear that you wont be there. I was looking forward to it. :wink:

Me, too. Money problems really bite. And can be quite a PITA at that. :shock:

Adml Mansur

Postby Capt Kevin Acura » Thu May 04, 2006 11:13 am

I know your pain Bro!
Captain Kevin T. Acura
FKA Commander

Capt Kevin Acura
Acura Protocols?

Return to FKA Shoreleave 2006