Helpful Hints for Shoreleave Stargate

FKA Special Event in July

Moderator: Laehval tTemarr

Helpful Hints for Shoreleave Stargate

Postby Capt Kevin Acura » Wed May 31, 2006 3:54 pm

Alright ... Here's a few things I've discovered while trying to put a costume together for Shoreleave. The best deals I can find on several pieces. I'm going to also list what I need to bring and for who ...

First ...

BDU's

Those are all over. I would tell you the best deals I've found for that, but I brought mine so long ago I can't remember. Maybe someone else can offer hints on that.

Vest.

If you want a canon SG-1 vest you're going to pay at least $150.00 and that's before shipping.

The SG-1 vest is the Blackhawk medical.

You'll find that here ...

www.blackhawk.com

Also at blackhawk.com the canon holster is on clearance for $30.00 and the gloves that O'Neil wears are about $15.00 on clearance.

If you want a comparable vest that's canon to Stargate: Atlantis and arguably SG-1. You can find that for around $40.00 in the specials area before shipping at ...

www.airsplat.com

or

Ebay. Those vest are always on Ebay and at different prices. If you buy European or Asian vest. International sizes are different and shipping takes much longer and may fall victim to customs.

T-Shirts

Black T-Shirts are the standard. Wal-Mart has them for about $ 4.00. Currently on sale.

Boots

Stargate canon boots are Tactical/Swat footwear. The canon boot is Stargate stealth II. You can find comparable boots for $39.99 at ...

www.basspro.com

Weapons

There is a site I've seen for good inexpensive canon SG replicas. If anyone has anything to add ... do so. Let's share the deals.

Here's the site I reccomend...

www.evike.com (For a good inexpensive P90. If you can't find what you're looking for anywhere else. It may be found at Evike. They also have the replica knives for airsoft and costuming.)

Patches

Here's the only site I've seen with nearly everything one would want.

www.patchgeek.com

Finally on my list of bring with me items ...

BDU pants for Q. (Did you need the shirt too?)
Gloves for Frenchie.
Helmet cover for Rhoq.

Let me know if I'm forgetting anyone or missing anything. I going to be packing this stuff way ahead of time for SL so I can go over it several times before departure.
Captain Kevin T. Acura
Commanding Officer of the U.S.S. Daystrom
FKA Commander

"Do or Do not. There Is No Try." - Yoda/U.S.S. Daystrom motto

Capt Kevin Acura
Acura Protocols?

Return to FKA Shoreleave 2006