Shoreleave Prep

FKA Special Event in July

Moderator: Laehval tTemarr

Shoreleave Prep

Postby Capt Kevin Acura » Wed May 31, 2006 4:16 pm

It's time to make preparations for Shoreleave. Don't wait until the last minute.

Make your hotel reservations.

Make sure transportaion is confirmed.

Make sure baby and dog sitters are arranged.

Make sure you order things online that you need now. If something is delayed or out of stock you'll thank me later.

GM's ... Make sure you have spread the word amongst your crews. A strong FKA presence at the con can do wonders.

Make sure you ask all the right questions now!
Captain Kevin T. Acura
Commanding Officer of the U.S.S. Daystrom
FKA Commander

"Do or Do not. There Is No Try." - Yoda/U.S.S. Daystrom motto

Capt Kevin Acura
Acura Protocols?

Postby Red » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:19 pm

Yes... anyone needing new rank pins, ribbons, etc drop me a line, as I'll be ordering this week. (Yes, the original deadline was delayed...)

-- Red
MCAPT Katja Romany
USS Daystrom
=/\=
LCDR Charlotte Matsumura
Starfleet Intelligence
USS Phoenix

Red

Postby Capt Kevin Acura » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:37 pm

Stay away from Hobbytron when ordering for SL. I know I've tossed the link around to some of you, but I ordered from them and they shoo'd the pooch. (If you get my meaning.)

Here's what happened ...

You see something on the site and the price is awesome. Unbelievable. You go through the ordering process ... everything is fine ... You get the confirmation letter ... everything is fine ... then all of a sudden everything you ordered is out of stock 4 days later.

They demand you pay ahead so that means they have your money. You can call and cancel, but it takes 5-10 days to do what most retail stores can do immediately. Stay away from that site.
Captain Kevin T. Acura
FKA Commander

Capt Kevin Acura
Acura Protocols?

Postby Murray » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:42 am

With my budget, I'll be staying in a nearby discount motel.
Murray M. Lee
A Writer's Block
- Science Fiction stories, jokes, and art
USS Freedom
The Misadventures of the wackiest ship in Starfleet
Murray
Captain Clueless

Postby Capt Kevin Acura » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:03 am

I'll be in touch once everything get's confirmed. We might have options for you to help with your budget. Either way I'll keep you up to date on contact information and all that so you'll know where to find everyone and what we'll be doing at the time.
Captain Kevin T. Acura
FKA Commander

Capt Kevin Acura
Acura Protocols?

Postby Red » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:46 pm

Okay... Rank pins and name tapes have been ordered. Anyone else needing anything can check out: http://www.miluniform.com

Been using these guys for a very long time and have yet to be disappointed.
MCAPT Katja Romany
USS Daystrom
=/\=
LCDR Charlotte Matsumura
Starfleet Intelligence
USS Phoenix

Red

Postby Capt Kevin Acura » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:26 pm

Beware of Magic Markers and the scents therein ... or should I say blessings therein!

Pierre gave me a hint to use the binocular straps for the P90 harnass ... well ... against my better judgement I decided to color the leather centerpiece that fits between shoulder blades. Why? The light brown tag could be seen at times and destroyed the illusion.

I used a magic marker as lazy shortcut ... magic markers are bad when combined with leather. The smell ... three days later still makes me dizzy. I'm an idiot on that call.

I refused to attempt to buy another strap so I went back to plan A. I have to say ... I can't wait until you guys see the rig. I'm having a nerdgasm over here. It looks awesome. I suprised myself.

I used leftover straps, clips and rifle sling pads. Add two D rings and some minor adjustments it came out awesome.

I got the M92 today and the accuracy is okay. It's a little bit off at moderate distance. I placed cans standing 10 yards apart and picked off each one, but the farthest one ... single headshot for you Unit fans... everytime. Yes ... bragging... but the last shot was a good distance away and I know my shot was dead on ... the shot veered at the last second.

I got the shotgun. It fires, but it's really light. That's all I can really say about that.

My P90 is finished. I'm pretty pleased with it. Okay.. it's fracking cool. Nerd drool.

Overall ... I have everything I need for SL, but the coat and boots. The coat is in the final process. The boots ... I can just hope they're on the way.

I'm really excited to see all of you guys soon. I can't wait.
Captain Kevin T. Acura
FKA Commander

Capt Kevin Acura
Acura Protocols?

Postby Dr. Trabeaux » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:42 pm

Leather dye, ever heard of the stuff?..... magic marker, your killin me here!! :-) Well Kev I dont need your ring for my flashlight. Sl bug bit me and bit me hard today, as a result I went to Dick's and bought some 1/2 weaver rails and some O rings, and an LED upgrade for my mag lite, also I raided our storage unit for my SL box..... Final product I have an LED mag lite mouted to the side of my Sig 550! total cost ....$10 or so, much less then new rifle. So despite the fact the the sig 550 isn't canon I am going with it any ways. I might up grade the scope if I find something for the right price before SL. I order patches this weekend

One Final note ... sadly when I got my SL stuff out of storage I tried to put on my LBV... and I couldn't zip it up. I will leave that one at that.
Jag Dumas
Ensign Engineering: USS Daystrom
If u can't dazzle'm with brilliance, riddle'm with bullets!
Dr. Trabeaux

Postby Capt Kevin Acura » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:22 am

Dr. Trabeaux said ... "One Final note ... sadly when I got my SL stuff out of storage I tried to put on my LBV... and I couldn't zip it up. I will leave that one at that."

It can't be adusted? You can't add strings or do some really quick stitchings? There should be some way to make it zippable. Right?
Last edited by Capt Kevin Acura on Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Kevin T. Acura
FKA Commander

Capt Kevin Acura
Acura Protocols?

Postby Dr. Trabeaux » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:22 pm

no no it's ajustable.... it was just set to the size I wore last year.... which is now TOO SMALL ....thanks for making me spell it out fo ya I feel real good about my self now :-) j/k
Jag Dumas
Ensign Engineering: USS Daystrom
If u can't dazzle'm with brilliance, riddle'm with bullets!
Dr. Trabeaux

Postby Cibernite » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:36 pm

On preperations. I want to ask you all a question. I want you to help me in my presentation. for the Masquerade. and the StarGate uniforms will fit right in to what I would like to do. How would you like to help me do a scene where The Joker dies? That's Right. I want to do something that I've never done before. It will show off my acting skills and probably get a real cool reaction from the judges. and the audience.
Ltcmdr Shawn Andrews, Star Fleet Intellegence. The world is but a Stage and in life, we are all just actors
Cibernite

Return to FKA Shoreleave 2006